Friday, June 5, 2015

Gluten free? Is it actually good?

Let's start with my favourite gluten free go-to place, Burrito Boyz: Amazing gluten free corn tortillas, and the staff is well aware of what foods on the menu are gluten free. Great price for gluten free food and fresh tasting toppings. Another bonus; they can even do dairy free and vegan options! 11/10.

Pizza Pizza: Very nice topping selection. Decent tasting crust. A great feature when ordering online is when you select the gluten free crust all options that contain gluten disappear from their menu for that pizza alone. Not that bad of a price either. 9/10.

Domino's Pizza: I prefer their crust to Pizza Pizza's crust marginally. However, the toppings and sauce selections are very limited and not my favourite. The price is not worth the product in my mind. 4/10.

Kelsey's: I'm a huge Pesto Pasta fan. Good choice for gluten free and non-gluten free people. Their salad with the blood orange sauce and chicken is very good too. They have ice cream as their gluten free dessert, which I kinda can't eat. They also have steaks there for you gluten free red-meat eaters. I really do like this restaurant as a gluten free option. It's just a little too pricey for a casual dining place. 9/10

Red Rocket's: They said the honey garlic sauce is gluten free, and I hope it is. The non-breaded wings are decent, but my favourite part of their chicken wings when I was younger was the breading clumps covered in sauce. They have AMAZING potato wedges, so even if their sauces aren't gluten free you have those to look forward to. I'll give their wedges a 10/10 and the wings 7/10. Their salads? 4/10.

Spring Sushi: Don't even get me started. I love sushi. I'm a big fish lover and I love rice. And their eel? Mmmm <3 I'm not sure how much of their menu is gluten free. Just avoid soy sauce. I love it. It's beautiful in their. Beautiful decor, food, and overall atmosphere. This is by far my favourite place to eat. Oh did I mention all you can eat? Hell yeah! 100000/10!

Spring Rolls: They have good gluten free options. It's not my favourite sushi restaurant but I do like it and would eat there again. 7/10.

The Works: They have great gluten free options. Great red meat free options. I love the food there... except the gluten free bun. I find the gluten free bun a little spongy and eggy tasting. If you're very picky about the taste of the bun I recommend getting a bunless burger. Buns: -1/10. Everything else: 8/10.

South Pacific: Well I really don't like Chinese take out food. It's not bad or anything, we just sued to eat it at least once a week and I'm very sick of it. I like the fact they advertise no MSG. However, the only gluten free food is the pineapple rice and mixed veggies. 6/10.

Tim Horton's: Well, I just love your gluten free macaroons. That's really all I can eat there. The macaroon are pretty good though. Keep it up and maybe start including more options. 8/10 for the macaroons.

No comments:

Post a Comment